Experience New Zealand’s stunning West Coast in luxury on this 6 day tour, including stunning mountain and coastal scenery throughout.
Queenstown is New Zealand’s adventure capital. A huge range of activities, hikes, wineries, shopping and restaurants are available for you to explore.
The stunning Kawarau Gorge will lead you via fruit orchards to the lakeside town of Wanaka. This pleasant lakeside community offers great hikes, including the Rob Roy Glacier Track.
The journey over to the West Coast, takes you along what is arguably New Zealand’s most scenic route. Huge mountain valleys and thick rainforest lead you to Fox and Franz Josef glaciers. Enjoy a coffee and walk at the beautiful Lake Matheson, and take in exceptional views of Mt Cook.
Make your way over Arthur’s Pass, stopping by Castle Rock, used as a film location in the Chronicles of Narnia, before continuing through to Christchurch, New Zealand’s most English-influenced city.
Interested in This Tour? Contact Us Today
Jetboat RidesFun YaksKawarau BungyMilford Sound FlightsHiking TrailsSkiing
Queenstown to Wanaka
89 km, 1h 20min
ArrowtownLake WanakaPuzzling World
Wanaka to Franz Josef
285 km, 3h 5min
Haast PassBlue PoolsHaast PassLake MathesonFox Glacier
Franz Josef to Hokitika
134 km, 1h 40min
The GlaciersLake MapourikaHokitika FallsHokitika Jade & Craft Shops
Hokitika to Christchurch
245 km, 3h 15min
Arthur’s PassCastle RockThe Port HillsChristchurch CathedralAntarctic CenterChristchurch Museum
Optional Tour Extensions
By default, this tour is 6 days in length. It can be done in reverse, or customised however you wish. Here are some ideas:
- +1 or more nights in Queenstown is recommended, as there is a huge amount to do!
- +1 night in Wanaka is recommended (but not essential) if you wish to hike the Rob Roy glacier track.
- +2 nights if you wish to drive to and from Milford Sound from Queenstown (you can alternatively visit by a fly-cruise-fly tour). For details, see this route.
- Optionally change your night in Hokitika to a night in Punakaiki, where you’ll find the Pancake Rocks.
- Private transfers to/from airport on arrival and departure day.
- Driver-guide & vehicle on all days but arrival and departure day (this can be added for an additional cost on request).
- All Breakfasts.
- Route guide for your trip.
- Optional free local sim card.
- Full phone support and assistance.
- 1 night in Queenstown
- 1 night in Wanaka
- 1 night in Franz Josef
- 1 night in Hokitika
- 1 night in Christchurch
We were very happy having our holiday planned out for us, with some input from us. We really had little idea of where to visit in the time we had, so the suggestions and the bookings done were great! The itinerary listing out suggested stops on the way was very helpful and enhanced our visit. Thanks for all the organisation!
Connect With A Specialist
Wish To Book This Tour?
We’ll confirm tour pricing and email you back with a deposit payment invoice, typically of 20% of tour value, which you can pay by Visa, Mastercard, or international bank transfer.
Require A Tour Modification?
An expert consultant will tailor the perfect itinerary for you, and provide a customised tour quotation.
Obtain Tour Pricing
Get in touch with your requirements and our specialists will customise a quote just for you.
We Look Forward to Assisting You
Start by filling in your best email address and click the button to proceed. You'll be redirected to a quick questionnaire, allowing us to learn about your preferences so we can craft the perfect trip for you.
Prefer to chat by phone? We'd love to! See contact us for details.